Dean Gibson is a Voluntary-Aided Roman Catholic Primary School serving the town of Kendal and its surrounding area. The name Dean Gibson School dates back to 1898 when a new school was built in Gillinggate, as a memorial to the Very Reverend James Gibson, Parish Priest of Holy Trinity & St. George from 1848 to 1895.
The school took over its present site from St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Secondary Modern on 1st. January 1977. As a result of its secondary inheritance Dean Gibson School is exceptionally well equipped, set in very attractive grounds, with extensive playing fields.
For directions to the School, please click here.